Director of Finance
Role: The Chief Financial Management Officer for the Surf Club and is directly responsible to the President and Management Committee and Executive.
Key Relationships: This role reports to the Club President
Responsibilities and Duties:-
· Prepare a budget and monitor it carefully
· Maintain the club’s accounting records including detailed records of all payments and monies received
· Facilitate an annual audit, presenting the details to members at the Annual General Meeting.
· Produce relevant and timely financial reports and submit these to each management committee meeting as required and ensure they are understood.
· Show evidence that money received is banked and documentation provided for all money paid out (full details of all receipts as required for Taxation (BAS).
· Ensure the Club complies with relevant Legislation and Regulations regarding financial matters
· Send out accounts
· Payment of accounts
· Maintain register of sponsor’s details
· Look after insurance paperwork and payments
· Maintain register of Club’s Motorised equipment, Boats and Trailer Registrations, etc.
Knowledge and Skills Required:-
· Well organised and able to work unsupervised and be self motivated
· Ability to maintain books
· Ability to keep correct up to date records
· Able to work in a logical orderly manner
· Time management skills
· Maintain a policy of loyalty to the surf club and its activities whilst maintaining confidentiality and respect towards members
· Awareness of information, needed for the Annual Audit.
· National Police Clearance