Role: The President is elected by the members and responsible for representing the views of the members:
Responsible to: Committee
Responsibilities and Duties
· As per any express provisions made by the Club’s Constitution
· Principal leader with overall responsibility for the club’s administration.
· Set the overall annual committee agenda, help the committee priorities its goals and work within a framework.
· Facilitate committee, executive and annual general meetings
· Sets the overall annual committee agenda (consistent with the views of members).
· Helps the committee prioritise its goals and then keeps the committee on track by working within that overall framework
· Represent the surf club at local, state and national levels.
· Act as a facilitator for surf club activities and represent member’s views.
· Ensure planning and budgeting is in accordance with the wishes of the members.
· Ensure all rules and regulations of the club are upheld.
· Encourage sponsors and supporters providing them with value for their investment financial, social and structural viability of the club.
· Identify and communicate to members the threats, challenges and opportunities available to the club.
· Be responsible for planning, including succession.
· At the operational level, the major function of the President is to facilitate effective committee meetings.
Knowledge and Skills required:
· Good communication skills
· Well informed of the organisation’s activities
· Aware of future directions and plans of members
· Demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm when representing the club to members, other organisations and the general public.
· Maintain a policy of loyalty to the surf club and its activities whilst maintaining confidentiality and respect towards members.
· Maintain effective and efficient administration.
· Have a good working knowledge of the constitution, rules and the duties of all office holders and subcommittees.
· National Police Clearance